[gnutls-devel] Guile-GnuTLS | Segfault in `scm_gnutls_session_record_port` (#23)

Tue Aug 29 11:02:46 CEST 2023

Christopher Baines created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/guile/-/issues/23

Hi,

I've got a core dump which seems to suggest that there's a segfault happening in `scm_gnutls_session_record_port`. I'm not sure it gives any more information than that, as I don't think Guix builds guile-gnutls with debug info, and I can't seem to work out how to do that.

Maybe this could be another problem that only arises when the garbage collector runs at a very specific time? Similar to that in guile-squee [1], maybe the problem here is that callers of `scm_gnutls_session_record_port` (e.g. Guile in (web client)) need to ensure that session isn't GC'd prior to `session-record-port` finishing?

1: https://notabug.org/cwebber/guile-squee/commit/31d9b957780ad22164173b23c3843fb2f5373ac1

Thanks,

Chris