[gnutls-devel] Guile-GnuTLS | aead.scm fails on Mac OS (#13)

Tue Jul 18 21:11:12 CEST 2023

Vivien Kraus Would Rather Not Be On Gitlab_com commented: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/guile/-/issues/13#note_1475425504

OK I get it. The nonce size must be 12, but gnutls does not enforce it. The old implementation must have done something sensible, like take the first 12 bytes, but the new implementation must be doing something destructive, which means the authentication data for decryption is different from the authentication data at encryption. The solution is to stay with the standard and only use 12 bytes for the nonce, I guess.