[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Support for ECH (encrypted client hello) (!1748)

Tue Jun 6 19:10:24 CEST 2023

Merge request https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1748 was reviewed by Daiki Ueno

--

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/nettle/Makefile.am: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1748#note_1420523326

> +
> +libcrypto_la_SOURCES += \
> +	hpke.c hpke-types.c hpke.h hpke-internal.h \

I suggest creating a subdirectory, say `hpke/` to copy those files, so we can easily maintain them and related files like `nettle-alloca.h`.

--

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/nettle/hpke-aead-aes128.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1748#note_1420523333

> +
> +const struct hpke_aead nettle_hpke_aead_aes128 = {
> +	HPKE_AEAD_AES_128_GCM,

This is now indented according to the Linux coding style by the `devel/indent-gnutls` script, but Nettle uses a different coding style (GNU). I would rather modify the script to exclude them, e.g., adding `grep -z -v ./lib/nettle/hpke` in the script.

--

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/nettle/hpke-hkdf.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1748#note_1420523342

> +		goto out;
> +	}
> +	while (ecc_scalar_set((struct hpke_dhkem *)dhkem, z)) {

This doesn't look correct, as `ecc_scalar_set` is defined as:
```c
int ecc_scalar_set (struct ecc_scalar *s, const mpz_t z);
```
Given `sk` is already initialized with the curve, maybe you could write `ecc_scalar_set (sk, z)` instead?