[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Add experimental support for post-quantum algorithms in X.509 certificates (!1786)

Sat Oct 21 09:43:48 CEST 2023

Daiki Ueno commented: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1786#note_1613206387

Afaik liboqs can be compiled without OpenSSL (that means bundled files are used for SHAKE, etc.), though it might not be acceptable when downstream liboqs packages choose to link to OpenSSL. In that case, a short-term solution could be to dlopen liboqs (as we [do](https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1544) for TPM); fortunately, it shouldn't be too hard as the signing API in liboqs consists of only a couple of functions. In the long-run, we might want to implement necessary algorithms in Nettle; looking at [PQClean](https://github.com/PQClean/PQClean/) might be a good starting point.