[gnutls-devel] libtasn1 | Add new test cases that represent usage of libtasn1 (!89)

Thu Oct 26 15:03:15 CEST 2023

Ahmed Zaki commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/libtasn1/-/merge_requests/89#note_1620223884

Thanks @jas! The test cases are automatically extracted from the respective clients that use Libtasn1 and we then edit those test cases manually to integrate them into Libtasn1's test suite. I have edited the description to explain this. The process of automatically re-generating the test cases is non-trivial and requires considerable setup to run our research tool on the clients. We have contributed similar test cases to other libraries where we edit the automatically extracted test cases to fit the test suite of the library. Hope this explains the confusion regarding the automated aspect of the test generation.

Regarding Tests_swtpm.c: I don't think I can relicense and modify the copyright notice, but the original code has a liberal BSD license so I think it would be fine to include it here.  However, if in doubt, we can remove this test."