[gnutls-devel] Guile-GnuTLS | Rehandshake handling (#24)

Tue Sep 12 09:43:57 CEST 2023

Michael Stolovitzsky created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/guile/-/issues/24

I have a blackbox API server that insists on issuing a TLS rehandshake request early into the request. `gnutls_record_recv()` returns `E_REHANDSHAKE` which gnutls-guile throws back to userland as an exception. Since the end user operates on a higher level API such as `http-request`, the userland ends up being `(web request)`. If I understand the logic correctly, gnutls-guile (being the client of gnutls) should implement the mechanism to discover and execute the rehandshake and then retry the recv call, which probably means the TLS wrapping (and `(web request)` in Guile itself) should be modified to accept an option to control whether rehandshakes are allowed. I can probably implement this myself, however I want to make sure that my logic is sound and I'm not missing any subtle detail.