[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Certtool error when generating a selfsigned x25519 certificate (#1524)

Thu Feb 29 21:41:59 CET 2024

Sahil Siddiq commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1524#note_1796126203

Hi, thank you. I wasn't aware of the `GNUTLS_DEBUG_LEVEL` environment variable. Anyway, I have found a potential cause of this issue. It's because in [`gnutls_pubkey_get_preferred_hash_algorithm`](https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/blob/master/lib/pubkey.c?ref_type=heads#L283), `key->params.algo` does not match any algorithm.

The next step would now be to understand why it doesn't match any algorithm in Arch Linux.

I set the given environment variable. I haven't investigated this part thoroughly enough but I am under the impression that `key->params.algo` should be `GNUTLS_PK_ECDH_X25519` in this case but it is not. I'll have to investigate this further.