[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Support reading and writing private keys in PKCS#8 v2 format (#1474)

Thu Jan 25 09:14:39 CET 2024

Daiki Ueno commented: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1474#note_1741560354

@aadit-n3rdy I think that's more of a question for @adrian.wijaya as he already opened a draft merge request (!1783).

@adrian.wijaya sorry for not responding early. For decoding you are right; currently only DSA keys would benefit from the v2 format, though there might be more if we support PQC private keys ([example](https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-lamps-dilithium-certificates-01.html#section-6)). For encoding, you could add a parameter to [`encode_to_private_key_info`](https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/blob/master/lib/x509/privkey_pkcs8.c?ref_type=heads#L177), though we need to think about how to expose this control through a public API, e.g., gnutls_x509_privkey_export_pkcs8, maybe with a flag.