[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | GNUTLS_ALPN_MANDATORY is enforced in server mode only (#1595)

Tue Oct 22 21:52:05 CEST 2024

Robert Pluim commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1595#note_2172050924

It could be, but it would be much cleaner if this failed at the protocol
negotiation level rather than making every application implement its own
version.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2024, 14:11 Alexander Sosedkin (@asosedkin) < gitlab at mg.gitlab.com> wrote:

> Alexander Sosedkin <https://gitlab.com/asosedkin> commented
> <https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1595#note_2171143422>:
>
> (the other ALPN flag, GNUTLS_ALPN_SERVER_PRECEDENCE also is something that
> servers act on. maybe we should document both as server-only?)
>
> Can the use case you have in mind be covered by the application and not
> the library?

> <https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1595#note_2171143422>.
> You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
> Unsubscribe
> <https://gitlab.com/-/sent_notifications/REDACTED/unsubscribe>
> from this thread · Manage all notifications
> <https://gitlab.com/-/profile/notifications> · Help
> <https://gitlab.com/help>

</details>