[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutls-cli skips the whole compressed certificate negotiation when unknown algo is provided among known (#1587)

Fri Sep 27 12:00:23 CEST 2024

George Pantelakis created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1587

## Description of problem:
When we are using --compress-cert with a known algorithms (e.g. --compress-cert zlib) the compressed certificate is negotiated normally but when we have one unknown and some known algorithms (e.g. --compress-cert zlib --compress-cert brotli --compress-cert bla) then client skips the compressed certificate extension altogether. We should skip the unknown compression algorithms and keep the known ones.

## Version of gnutls used:
gnutls-3.8.7

## Distributor of gnutls (e.g., Ubuntu, Fedora, RHEL)
RHEL and fedora

## How reproducible:
always

Steps to Reproduce:

 * run "gnutls-cli -V --x509keyfile client.key --x509certfile client.cert -p 4433 --compress-cert zlib --compress-cert bla localhost"

## Actual results:
Compressed certificate is not negotiated at all.

## Expected results:
Compressed certificate will be negotiated with zlib only.