[Help-gnutls] generating certificates

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri Oct 17 09:15:32 CEST 2003

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 02:59:55PM -0700, Pete Naylor wrote:

> > You cannot generate or sign certificates using gnutls. You should
> > use the openssl tools for that.
> Is that expected to change?  For v1.0 perhaps?  I don't want to install
> OpenSSL on my systems - that's why I built GnuTLS.
No this is not expected to change for gnutls v1.0. However new
versions of gnupg will have this capability.
In any case you don't have to install openssl in all your systems.
You could generate them in a simple system.

The features available for gnutls 1.0, are features that
are needed in TLS servers, and TLS-enabled web browsers. That is
certificate request generation/parsing, private key generation/parsing,
pkcs #12 packet parsing and generation, certificate parsing etc.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos