[Help-gnutls] compatible versions of various software components

Jeremy Ellington gnutls at jeremye.net
Mon Oct 20 18:32:24 CEST 2003

I'm interested in using gnutls with OpenPGP (gpg) authentication.  I
downloaded the latest versions of all the required software packages
(libgcrypt, libgpg-error, opencdk, libtasn1, gnutls), but they don't seem
to be compatible with one another.  I believe that grabbing the latest
packages is like shooting at moving target.
Can someone give a list of the latest software packages that should work
together, allowing me to user PGP authentication?
An unrelated question: how  similar is this software package to OpenSSL?
Besides supporting OpenPGP authentication, are there any significant
differences?  Why was the decision made to create a new library from
scratch rather than adding OpenPGP authentication to OpenSSL?
Thanks!