[Help-gnutls] exporting session information from one process to another

Brieuc Jeunhomme bbp at via.ecp.fr
Fri Feb 13 19:38:14 CET 2004

Hello,

I need to export session information from one process to another
process. Simply put, I have a first process that accept()s a
connection, allocates credentials, sets certificate information etc,
then fork()s.

The child process handles the handshake (it calls gnutls_handshake()),
but, once the handshake is complete, I would like the parent process to
use the connection, calling gnutls_record_send and gnutls_record_recv.

I have tryed this with 1.0.5, using gnutls_session_set_data and
gnutls_session_get_data to exchange the session information between the
two processes, but this doesn't seem to be enough (gnutls_record_send
works fine if called from the child process, but not from the parent
process. However, the goal is to have the child process exit after the
negociation and have the parent process use the established session).

Is there a way to do this with the current gnutls library ? If not,
would people here be interested in a patch for this ?

--
BBP