[Help-gnutls] Strange error when using libgnutls

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri May 21 22:19:40 CEST 2004

On Friday 21 May 2004 20:10, you wrote:

> > You cannot distinguish it from a real error. Servers with that behaviour
> > violate the TLS protocol.
> OpenSSL is used in a big portion of the HTTPS servers in the web
> couldn't gnutls work around this? This could either be done my emitting
> a different error ("OpenSSL sucks and violates the TLS protocol") or by
> having an gnutls call that makes in lets strict about these things.
This is not an openssl problem, but rather a problem with the specific
https[0] server. Gnutls does the proper thing in that case. It warns you about
the premature close, but you can always be less strict by ignoring this error,
it's up to you and your application's requirements.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos