[Help-gnutls] Re: glib main_loop & gnutls

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Sun Oct 24 21:06:27 CEST 2004

Eduardo Pérez <eperez at it.uc3m.es> writes:

> Does anyone know how to use gnutls with the glib main_loop so the ssl
> socket IO doesn't block the gtk+ gui?
> Do you know about any opensource software that already uses gnutls with
> the glib main_loop I can take a look at?

I don't know if it answer the question, but libsoup appear to wrap
gnutls read/write into an GIOChannel.  Perhaps there is something
useful to extract from it.

http://anoncvs.gnome.gr.jp/viewcvs.cgi/libsoup/libsoup/soup-gnutls.c?rev=1.13&view=auto

Further, libgnetwork seem to be doing something similar, and appear to

http://ignore-your.tv/software/libgnetwork/
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/libgnetwork/libgnetwork/gnetwork-ssl.c?rev=1.7

Libgnetwork appear to more oriented towards network applications, so
perhaps it is what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,
Simon