[Help-gnutls] GnuTLS 1.2.2

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Mon Apr 25 12:19:33 CEST 2005

We are pleased to announce the availability of GnuTLS 1.2.2!

This is a bugfix release on the 1.2.x branch.  Among other things,
this release fixes a serious double memory de-allocation problem.

Also included are my initial work on cleaning up the #include file
situation.  The source code files now include the public header file
for most data types, instead of duplicating possibly stale prototypes.
Note that this has not been tested extensively, although I have had
some positive reports.  Your feedback is needed for deciding whether
to possibly back this change out.

Improving GnuTLS is costly, but you can help!  We are looking for
organizations that find GnuTLS useful and wish to contribute back.
You can contribute by reporting bugs, improve the software, or donate
money or equipment.

Commercial support contracts for GnuTLS are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance.  Simon Josefsson Datakonsult, a
privately owned company located in Stockholm, is currently funding
GnuTLS maintenance, and is always looking for interesting development
projects.

If you need help to use GnuTLS, or want to help others, you are
invited to join our help-gnutls mailing list, see:

The project page of the library is available at:
  http://www.gnutls.org/
  http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls/ (updated fastest)

Here are the compressed sources:
  ftp://ftp.gnutls.org/pub/gnutls/devel/gnutls-1.2.2.tar.bz2 (2.4MB)
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls/releases/gnutls-1.2.2.tar.bz2 (2.4MB)

Here are GPG detached signatures signed using key 0xB565716F:
  ftp://ftp.gnutls.org/pub/gnutls/devel/gnutls-1.2.2.tar.bz2.sig
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls/releases/gnutls-1.2.2.tar.bz2.sig

Here are the build reports for various platforms:
  http://josefsson.org/autobuild-logs/gnutls.html

Here are the MD5/SHA1 checksums:

2f7e1343fa1565a1cf5ebb2a02d63abc8f036b2a  gnutls-1.2.2.tar.bz2
633a89a8a751d35a49dffe8007203b06b1ebe65b  gnutls-1.2.2.tar.bz2.sig
63e618657561a1a185b31ea8f4da895b  gnutls-1.2.2.tar.bz2
c7e82a42c43a878d68f920dfc7a66980  gnutls-1.2.2.tar.bz2.sig

Noteworthy changes since version 1.2.1:

- gnutls_error_to_alert() now considers
  GNUTLS_E_UNEXPECTED_HANDSHAKE_PACKET.
- Fixed error in session resuming that could cause a crash in a session.
- Fixed pkcs12 friendly name and local key identifier decoding.
- Internal cleanups, removed duplicate typedef/struct definitions,
  and made source code include external include file, to check
  function prototypes during compile time.
- API and ABI modifications:
  No changes since last version.  At least not intentional, but due
  to the include header changes, there may be inadvertant changes,
  please let us know if you find any.

Enjoy,
Nikos and Simon