[Help-gnutls] gnutls and non blocking socket

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Jul 13 18:17:58 CEST 2005

Regit wrote:

> Ok, I give some explanation of my problem :
> Under windows (as it is not implemented under Linux) I've created a
> socket with a RECV timeout.
> I do a gnutls_record_recv on a TLS session built over the socket.
> When the timeout expires, I try to send a packet with gnutls_record_send
> on that TLS session. The point is that at this moment gnutls_record_send
> always fail sending a -10 error (TLS session not correct).

> I may have look in the bad place in the code but it seems that there's a
> problem anyway.

I don't think there is. Most probably you are using SO_RCVTIMEO to
setsockopt, so you get something different as errno than EAGAIN or
EINTR. This is like a BSD extension and I don't know if this can be
handled by gnutls in a portable way. As a quick hack you could make
a wrapper over recv() and return EINTR or EAGAIN when you get the
timeout errno code.