[Help-gnutls] GnuTLS 1.2.6

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Sat Jul 16 15:37:27 CEST 2005

We are pleased to announce the availability of GnuTLS version 1.2.6!

GnuTLS is a modern C library that implement the standard network
security protocol Transport Layer Security (TLS), for use by network
applications.

The LZO related changes in version 1.2.5 did not work for several
people, hence this brown paper-bag release to address that.  This
release has been tested on systems with lzo2 and lzo1, with only lzo2,
with only lzo1, and finally on systems that lack both lzo2 and lzo1
(thus using the embedded minilzo). However, there may still be
problems in this area.

I'd also like to mention (for those who may have missed it) that
Libtasn1, the standalone ASN.1 library used by GnuTLS and other
projects, is a separate product with it's own release cycle and full
support.  Today I released 0.2.14 of it, see:
  http://josefsson.org/libtasn1/
  http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3cilumzonlyo9.fsf%40latte.josefsson.org%3e

Noteworthy changes since version 1.2.5:
- MiniLZO updated to version 2.01 and moved to separate directory.
- Collision between system LZO header files and MiniLZO header file
  fixed, reported by Matthias Urlichs <smurf at smurf.noris.de>.
- Will now test for liblzo functionality in liblzo2 too, reported by
  Thomas Klausner <tk at giga.or.at>.
- Minilibtasn1 is now 0.2.14 (no code changes).
- Some code changes to avoid GTK-DOC warnings.
- API and ABI modifications:
  No changes since last version.

Improving GnuTLS is costly, but you can help!  We are looking for
organizations that find GnuTLS useful and wish to contribute back.
You can contribute by reporting bugs, improve the software, or donate
money or equipment.

Commercial support contracts for GnuTLS are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance.  Simon Josefsson Datakonsult, a
Stockholm based privately held company, is currently funding GnuTLS
maintenance.  We are always looking for interesting development
projects.

If you need help to use GnuTLS, or want to help others, you are
invited to join our help-gnutls mailing list, see:

The project page of the library is available at:
  http://www.gnutls.org/
  http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls/ (updated fastest)

Here are the compressed sources:
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls/releases/gnutls-1.2.6.tar.bz2 (2.4MB)
  ftp://ftp.gnutls.org/pub/gnutls/devel/gnutls-1.2.6.tar.bz2 (2.4MB)

Here are GPG detached signatures signed using key 0xB565716F:
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls/releases/gnutls-1.2.6.tar.bz2.sig
  ftp://ftp.gnutls.org/pub/gnutls/devel/gnutls-1.2.6.tar.bz2.sig

Here are the build reports for various platforms:
  http://josefsson.org/autobuild-logs/gnutls.html

Here are the MD5/SHA1 checksums:

a9aeaf687e40b6b27df51fac9d3315ff  gnutls-1.2.6.tar.bz2
dbae7eddde9ea02d6fe1da55fa558e3a  gnutls-1.2.6.tar.bz2.sig
b9bba9447e3863236d153720ae875da2b29b1309  gnutls-1.2.6.tar.bz2
ea3ee35fa3b7f65e27355dab8e6acf036ac04a89  gnutls-1.2.6.tar.bz2.sig

Enjoy,
Nikos and Simon