[Help-gnutls] Re: gnutls 1.2.3 type conflicts

Daniel dragonheart at gentoo.org
Mon May 2 00:24:00 CEST 2005

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

> Hello Daniel,
>  A quick fix might be to delete the lines 95-98 in
>  libextra/openpgp/openpgp.h.
> I'll check it further in the next days. Not however that when you use
> --disable-openpgp-authentication the --without-included-opencdk is not
> really needed since it is not used at all. Anyway why compile without the
> openpgp part?

This was an option that was in the Gentoo package management of gnutls. I
can't remember why it was there and have since removed it as a workaround.
Based on the bit of logic here I'm going to not give the end user the easy
option to disable it.

Simon - as for a 1.2.4 release - don't do it on my/Gentoo's account. I've
got a good workaround that given Nikos thought may just stay perminate. I
only have seen the impact when there is a --disable-openpgp-authentication
configure option present. If there are further reaching implications of a
runtime problem then I'm sure you will be pushing the release cycle forward
and I'll take notice of that.

Thanks again,

Daniel Black <dragonheart at gentoo.org>
Gentoo Crypto/PPC/dev-embedded/Forensics/NetMon