[Help-gnutls] No entropy gathering module detected

dan dan.trainor at gmail.com
Tue May 24 00:05:15 CEST 2005

Good afternoon, all -

I'm new to the list, I'd like to first thank the developers of GNUTLS
for their fine work.  We appreciate it.

We're developing a threaded application in our development department,
and it's going alright so far.  However, we keep getting an error which
we believe comes from generate_dh_params().  The error is as follows:

Fatal: no entropy gathering module detected

The most we've been able to gather using google.com and assorted
resources is that entropy cannot be established.  The only solution that
we had found that was even remotely related to ours just suggested
making sure that /dev/{u}random had world-readable permissions.  Aside
from that, we don't know what to go by.

Any pointers?

Thanks!
-dant