[Help-gnutls] Re: 1.2.9 release candidate

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Tue Nov 1 10:27:43 CET 2005

Daniel Stenberg <daniel at haxx.se> writes:

> On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>> GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_SIGN_RSA_MD2,
>> GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_SIGN_RSA_MD5: New gnutls_certificate_verify_flags values.
>
> Any ideas on how we can know at compile-time if these are present or
> not? Them being enum values make it rather tricky since we can't
> simply do:
>
> #ifdef GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_SIGN_RSA_MD2
> flags | = GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_SIGN_RSA_MD2;
> #endif
>
> or similar. Of course I can make a configure-check for them, but it
> would be nice with some simple preprocessor magic...

I think a configure check is the simplest solution available.  If you
don't want to pollute your source code with #ifdef's, you could have
configure define those two symbols to 0 if they aren't defined by
gnutls.h.  I usually want to make the core code look good for the
latest-and-greatest features, and work around missing functionality in
earlier releases through some replacement stuff in configure.

Thanks,
Simon