[Help-gnutls] GnuTLS 1.2.8
jas at extundo.com
Fri Oct 7 15:27:10 CEST 2005
We are pleased to announce the availability of GnuTLS version 1.2.8.
GnuTLS is a modern C library that implement the standard network
security protocol Transport Layer Security (TLS), for use by network
Noteworthy changes since version 1.2.7:
- Libgcrypt 1.2.2 is required to fix a bug for forking GnuTLS servers.
- Don't install the auxilliary libexamples library used by the
examples in doc/examples/ on "make install", report and tiny patch
from Thomas Klausner <tk at giga.or.at>.
- If you pass a X.509 CA or PGP trust database to the command line
tool, it will now abort the connection if the server certificate
validation fails. Use the parameter --insecure to continue even
after certificate validation failures. Inspired from discussion
with Alexander Kotelnikov <sacha at myxomop.com>.
- The test for socklen_t has been moved to gnulib.
- Link failures for duplicate or missing "program_name" symbol has been fixed,
patch from Martin Lambers <marlam at marlam.de>.
- The command line tool and the examples no longer uses mmap or bzero,
to make them more portable, patch from Martin Lambers
<marlam at marlam.de>.
- Made the PKCS #12 API handle null passwords. Based on patch by
Anton Altaparmakov <aia21 at cam.ac.uk>.
- The GTK-DOC manual should build with current released tools.
(But a copy of the output is included, so the tools are not required.)
- The inet_ntop function is now used through gnulib.
- API and ABI modifications:
No changes since last version.
Improving GnuTLS is costly, but you can help! We are looking for
organizations that find GnuTLS useful and wish to contribute back.
You can contribute by reporting bugs, improve the software, or donate
money or equipment.
Commercial support contracts for GnuTLS are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance. Simon Josefsson Datakonsult, a
Stockholm based privately held company, is currently funding GnuTLS
maintenance. We are always looking for interesting development
If you need help to use GnuTLS, or want to help others, you are
invited to join our help-gnutls mailing list, see:
The project page of the library is available at:
http://josefsson.org/gnutls/ (updated fastest)
Here are the compressed sources:
Here are GPG detached signatures signed using key 0xB565716F:
The software is cryptographically signed by the author using an
OpenPGP key identified by the following information:
1280R/B565716F 2002-05-05 [expires: 2006-02-28]
Key fingerprint = 0424 D4EE 81A0 E3D1 19C6 F835 EDA2 1E94 B565 716F
The key is available from:
Here are the build reports for various platforms:
Here are the SHA-1 checksums:
Nikos and Simon
More information about the Gnutls-help