[Help-gnutls] Re: gnutls 1.2.6 and Mozilla Firefox compatibility problem

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sat Sep 10 10:34:22 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 20:18, Andrew M. Bishop wrote:

> The packet dumps look the same to me, the main differences are the
> timestamps and the random information.  Towards the end of the second
> handshake the client sends a fatal error instead of a warning if the
> server forked.  The important (to me) differences are below.
> The whole log files are compressed and attached.

The problem is that in the 2nd forked session the server tries to resume the
previous connection. You can check this by looking the session ID. The one
the server selects the second time is the same as the client requested
(resume). This is totally strange since there is no communication
between the objects (lie in a different process), so the second process
shoudn't even know the session ID of the first server process.
It seems to work ok if you move the gnutls_session_t session declaration to
after the forked process has been created (after if (pid==0)). I'm still
looking at it but it really looks odd.

--
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos