[Help-gnutls] gnutls x509 library to get a rsa encryption

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Sep 26 22:08:13 CEST 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 21:09, jerome etienne wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to do encryption/decryption based on a x509 certificate, i
> looked at the documentation of the x509 library and failed to find a
> function for it. Is there a function that i missed ? some existing
> source code that i could look at ? any suggestion ?
Indeed there are only signing functions (gnutls_x509_crt_verify_data,
gnutls_x509_privkey_sign_data).

> i looked at the gnutls 1.2.7 source and, in lib/gnutls_pk.c, found
> _gnutls_pkcs1_rsa_encrypt() which is exactly what im looking for. is
> this functions exported and i missed it ?
No it is not exported. The current gnutls_x509_* interface is quite and
initially was not intended for low level uses as this one. Adding this might
not harm either and it doesn't look that hard. However I don't think I have
time to do it, but patches are always welcome!

--
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos