[Help-gnutls] GnuTLS and OpenPGP: "Could not get OpenPGP key"

Ludovic Courtès ludovic.courtes at laas.fr
Wed Aug 23 16:02:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

I noticed the following weird client failure when playing with
`gnutls-serv' and `gnutls-cli' to perform OpenPGP authentication (I'm
using the ASCII-armored key pair found under the `src/openpgp' directory
of GnuTLS):

  $ gnutls-serv --echo --pgpkeyfile sec.asc --pgpcertfile pub.asc &
  Echo Server ready. Listening to port '5556'.

  $ gnutls-cli -p 5556 --pgpkeyfile sec.asc --pgpcertfile pub.asc localhost
  *** Error loading PGP key file: Could not get OpenPGP key.

This error is `GNUTLS_E_OPENPGP_GETKEY_FAILED', apparently returned by
`gnutls_openpgp_privkey_import ()'.  I'm unable to understand the
meaning of this error in this context.  Does it have something to do
with key lookup on a remote server or something?

I'm using GnuTLS 1.4.2 as currently found in Debian unstable.

Thanks,
Ludovic.