[Help-gnutls] Secret key after SRP authentication

Kaspar Fischer fischerk at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Jan 16 11:28:10 CET 2006

On 15.01.2006, at 20:17, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> Hello,
>  You mean the negotiated key? No there is no way currently to
> obtain it.
> Why do you need it? If you are mixing that key with another protocol,
> I'd say that in general it could be unsafe to do that.

Thanks for your answer. As a matter of fact I made a big
confusion. I thought that the example

   http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/html_node/Simple-client-
example-with-SRP-authentication.html#Simple-client-example-with-SRP-
authentication

was only doing authentication -- and NOT encryption. Therefore
I was wondering where I could find this negotiated key to use
it to initialize an encryption method for encrypted send()/recv().
But (of course!) GNU TLS already does everything for me, meaing
that the send()/recv()'s in the above server and client example
*are* already encrypted. -- I did not get this at first. Sorry
for this.

Kaspar