[Help-gnutls] GNUTLS vs OpenSSL

Eric Leblond regit at inl.fr
Sat Jul 29 14:27:07 CEST 2006

Hi,

We have done some comparison between GNUTLS and openssl during our
benchmark of NuFW.

We have only had a switch to one part of the code and thus it only
display a trend and not a performance comparison. We measure performance
of a complex system (NuFW) not directly the performance of transfert.

On Intel Centrino 1.6GHz, openssl outperfoms GNUTLS with a ratio of 15%.

On quadri processor PowerPC 1.8GHz (ppc64 architecture) and quadri
processor XEON 3GHz (x86_64 architecture), GNUTLS outperforms openssl
with a ratio of 15%.

Thus, it seems that results depends heavily on the architecture.

BR,
Eric