[Help-gnutls] Re: Development branch open, daily snapshots

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Tue Jun 13 11:13:18 CEST 2006

Fran <prog1 at yobinario.com> writes:

> El lun, 12-06-2006 a las 15:19 +0200, Simon Josefsson escribió:
>
>> - Continue move to a crypto-library independent backend including
>>   crypto hardware support (currently stalled because we don't have the
>>   resources to work on it)
>
> Hello,
>
> Readers for new national electronic identification cards are included in
> crypto hardware?

I was thinking more about encryption-accelerators (to reduce load on a
busy server).

Interfacing with smart card readers that perform crypto operations for
authentication purposes is another idea, and closely related.  If the
crypto-backend is modularized, supporting smart cards will be much
easier too.  Thanks, I'll add it to the list of things to consider.
It is probably more work than crypto accelerators, though.

Still, we don't have any resources to work on these two right now.
But we can dream a little.