[Help-gnutls] Re: avoiding signals completely

Daniel Stenberg daniel at haxx.se
Tue Oct 31 22:48:25 CET 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Hi!  I believe the design here is that GnuTLS should use the socket and the
> send function as-is, and if that isn't acceptable, you can write a
> replacement for send (which may simply be a dummy function that call send
> with an additional flag) and tell GnuTLS to use it by calling
> gnutls_transport_set_push_function.  So you can achieve what you want today
> by using these hooks.

Aha, I hadn't paid enough attention and gnutls_transport_set_push_function()
had slipped my mind. Thanks a lot for pointing it out to me.

I guess this also makes GnuTLS totally ignore the socket I set to it with
gnutls_transport_set_ptr() so that I can instead pass my own private struct to
the callback by using that function (I mean if I change both push and pull)?