[Help-gnutls] Re: Certificate list size in `gnutls_certificate_get_peers ()'

Ludovic Courtès ludovic.courtes at laas.fr
Wed Apr 11 18:35:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> Hi!  The `gnutls_certificate_get_peers' function returns an array of
> gnutls_datum_t's, and the array is LIST_SIZE long.  LIST_SIZE is an
> output variable.  Each gnutls_datum_t correspond to a X.509
> certificate.

Ok, I had not understood it correctly.

> It is probably a mistake that `gnutls_certificate_get_ours' does not
> return a LIST_SIZE parameter too.  Do you need that functionality?
> Maybe we can add a new API to get the entire list, and a LIST_SIZE
> parameter.

Since one can hardly traverse the certificate array without knowing its
size, LIST_SIZE should probably be provided by
`gnutls_certificate_get_ours' too (or perhaps
`gnutls_certificate_get_ours2'?).

Actually, I'm writing Guile bindings for GnuTLS, hence my question.
Otherwise, since I've been using mostly OpenPGP certificates so far, so
I didn't really feel concerned with the meaning of LIST_SIZE.  ;-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.