[Help-gnutls] Re: Certificate list size in `gnutls_certificate_get_peers ()'

Ludovic Courtès ludovic.courtes at laas.fr
Thu Apr 12 14:22:54 CEST 2007

Hey,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> ludovic.courtes at laas.fr (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:
>>
>>> I just realized that we can solve it without an ABI/API change: just
>>> make the array zero-terminated.  You'll have to traverse the list in
>>> order to find out its size, but perhaps that is not so much trouble.
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> Yes, good idea.
>
> Patches welcome. :)  I'm a bit busy now, but perhaps next week...

Looks like it may be more complicated than it seems because we don't
have such an array internally.  What we have is an array of
`gnutls_cert's, each of which contains both the raw certificate and the
parsed certificate (see `session->internals.selected_cert_list').

Thus, to provide a (null-terminated) array of raw certificates in
`gnutls_certificate_get_ours ()', we'd need to allocate that array or
ask users for storage.

Or we could change the `gnutls_cert' structure so that it no longer
includes `raw' and store the raw certificates elsewhere.  But that would
certainly have unforeseen implications on the rest of the code...  ;-)

I'm a bit busy, too, so I probably won't investigate it any further ATM.

Thanks,
Ludovic.