[Help-gnutls] scalable logo for gnutls

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg-debian.org at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Dec 5 15:00:09 CET 2007

hey folks--

this is mostly trivia, but i just created an svg version of the GnuTLS
logo, so that it can be truly scalable.  I also used it to create a
16x16 png icon, which can be used as a shortcut icon for any GnuTLS
web pages, if it's desired.

You can download/view them at:

 http://lair.fifthhorseman.net/~dkg/src/gnutls/gnutls-logo.svg
 http://lair.fifthhorseman.net/~dkg/src/gnutls/gnutls-logo-icon.png

My impetus for doing this is because I keep too many tabs open in my
browser; it's nice to have a visual reminder of what each tab is, and
trac.gnutls.org still uses the generic trac icon, which trips me up
when i'm looking for it.

You can modify the value of "icon =" in the [project] section
of $TRACENV/conf/trac.ini if you want to adopt it.

Other alternatives:

I know that there's already an eps of the logo in
git:docs/gnutls-logo.eps, but it appears to just store a bitmap
anyway, so it's not truly scalable.

I also saw
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/graphics/gnutls-logo-icon.png, but
it isn't the canonical 16x16 for a web page icon, and it also has some
chunky aliasing in it.

Hope you find this useful,

     --dkg