[Help-gnutls] Re: TLS/OpenPGP draft expiring soon

Ludovic Courtès ludovic.courtes at laas.fr
Thu Feb 1 16:01:49 CET 2007

Hi,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> Also, creating examples and a self test for the OpenPGP stuff would be
> useful.  Have you managed to get it to work at all?  I tried this:

It works fine (with the little patches I posted), but I couldn't get
`gnutls-cli' and `gnutls-serv' to work with it (haven't investigated
yet).

> jas at mocca:~/src/gnutls$ gpg -a --export-secret-keys b565716f > ~/privkey.gpg
>
> The above step would be nice to avoid, btw, although I'm not exactly
> sure which file formats are supported/required.  This area seems
> under-documented.

Yes, it'd be nice to avoid.  GnuTLS key import functions now support
both ASCII-armored and "raw" binary keys, it Does Work.  ;-)

The possible formats are documented in RFC 2440 I think.

I'm not sure about the keyring format, though.

Thanks,
Ludovic.