[Help-gnutls] Re: TLS/OpenPGP draft expiring soon

Ludovic Courtès ludovic.courtes at laas.fr
Thu Feb 1 18:22:36 CET 2007

Hi,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> It seems as if OpenCDK duplicate some of the functionality that
> properly belong to GnuPG.  However, as far as I know, there aren't any
> APIs in GnuPG to do what OpenCDK does, even if the functionality is
> there.

>From [0], I have the feeling that GnuPG's OpenPGP message handling is
not readily "librarifiable".  So until the GnuPG developers decide to
librarify it, it seems that there's no choice but to use OpenCDK in
GnuTLS.  However, distributing the OpenPGP message-related part of GnuPG
as a library would be an additional burden for the GnuPG people, which
they might want to avoid.

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[0] http://cvs.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/g10/