[Help-gnutls] Re: ex-serv-pgp

Matthias Urlichs smurf at smurf.noris.de
Mon Feb 12 13:54:05 CET 2007

Hi,

dellanna at csp.it:

For the record: Please use "ldd -r". it resolves all symbols and thus
is able to find more problems than a plan "ldd".

> linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
>         libgnutls.so.13 => /usr/local/lib/libgnutls.so.13 (0xb7ef6000)
>         libgnutls-extra.so.13 => /usr/local/lib/libgnutls-extra.so.13
> (0xb7ee2000)
>         libgnutls.so.12 => /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.12 (0xb7ca1000)

Ugh. That may be a problem.

I don't know if your Linux distribution uses versioned symbols for their
libgnutls (Debian does). To find out, do

$ objdump -p /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.12
$ objdump -p /usr/local/lib/libgnutls.so.13

and look for the section that says "Version definitions".

If either one (or, worse, both) is not versioned, that's your problem.

Otherwise (i.e. if they're both versioned), make sure that you didn't
compile against your local gnutls installation but linked against the
public one (or vice versa).

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de
 - -
There was an old voyeur named Zeke,
Who liked to hide in the closet and peek,
    Then jump out with loud cries
    of "Aha!" and "Surprise!"
And point out your flaws in technique.