[Help-gnutls] Re: Failure to import an OpenPGP private key

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Jan 11 09:18:55 CET 2007

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> Yes, that seems ok.  I'll see if I can implement the above, cleaner,
> approach fast though.

Installed in CVS now.  Could you suggest the patch to fix your
original problem, using this new scheme?

I just realized a thing: I'm not sure we are really breaking the
API/ABI here though.  No public API/ABI is modified, only internal
_gnutls_* APIs.  The same holds for your first patch.  Changing
_gnutls_* APIs without bumping the shared library version should be
ok, right?  gnutls-extra should be the only user of those _gnutls*
symbols, and libgnutls-extra is only ever guaranteed to work with the
same version of libgnutls (and gnutls_global_init_extra already checks
this).

Anyway, I think the installed patch is cleaner.  For one, it removed
including GPL'd gnutls-extra header files in the LGPL'd libgnutls,
which seems like a good step.  There are still some variables which
are used between gnutls and gnutls-extra, but I'll see if they cause
any real problems (e.g., on mingw32) before working on moving those to
a function-based API.