[Help-gnutls] Re: How do i retrieve a full DER encoded subject from a gnutls_x509_crt_t

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu May 24 13:48:01 CEST 2007

Nate Nielsen <nielsen-list at memberwebs.com> writes:

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> There is _gnutls_x509_crt_get_raw_dn, but it is not part of the official
>> API.  I suspect it isn't possible to easily do what you want right now.
>> Unless someone can think of a better approach, I think we should make
>> that function an official API function.
>
> It differs from the rest of the API in allowing direct access to an
> internal DER structure. That's certainly not a problem for me, but
> something you may be interested in.

Yeah, that's not very pretty, and eventually I think such operations
should use some library (or possibly libgnutls_x509 which would be a
separate library from libgnutls).  But I can't recommend anything else
right now, so exporting these functions seem the simplest solution.

> I'd also need this to be made public:
>
> _gnutls_x509_crt_get_raw_issuer_dn

I've exported them now in 1.7.x.  Do you want this back-ported to the
stable branch?