[Help-gnutls] License Info for Example Code

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Oct 23 14:40:40 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 23 October 2007, Cort, Tom wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm converting an HTTP library from OpenSSL to GNU TLS and I'm finding
> the GNU TLS manual very helpful; thank you for such a great doc. The
> example code included with the manual (see gnutls-2.1.3/doc/examples) is
> useful and I'd like to use some code snippets in my library, but I can't
> find the license information for the example code. None of the C files
> in the doc/examples directory have copyright notices. Can someone tell
> me what license those files are released under?

You can assume this license:
/* Copyright 2007 Free Software Foundation
 *
 * Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
 * are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright
 * notice and this notice are preserved.
 */

We'll make this explicit in future versions.