[Help-gnutls] Setting OpenPGP private key MPI components

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg-debian.org at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Apr 8 21:27:46 CEST 2008

Hey folks--

I opened a ticket about being able to explicitly set the MPI
components of an OpenPGP private key:

 http://trac.gnutls.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/24

This would be really useful for me (and a step toward OpenPGP key
generation in GnuTLS, if that's desired), and i was wondering what
might be needed to get this functionality added.

I've done a brief review of the source of gnutls and opencdk to see if
there was an obvious way to add the function.  But either i don't
understand the libraries well enough (quite possible!) or there are
enough architectural pieces missing to make the solution non-obvious
to me.

Any thoughts about if this is something that seems possible in the
current framework?  I'm happy to take a crack at adding a function
named something like gnutls_openpgp_privkey_import_rsa_raw() (and
offering a patch for review) if one of the more experienced developers
thinks it's both desirable and possible, and is up for pointing me in
the right direction.

Regards,

        --dkg