[Help-gnutls] Re: gnutls 2.3.4 doesn't copile using MinGW

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Apr 15 06:47:39 CEST 2008

Massimo Gaspari <massimo.gaspari at alice.it> writes:

> In the meantime I recompiled libgcrypt using
>
> ./configure --disable-shared --disable-asm --enable-random=w32
> --disable-dev-random
>
> Do you think that the "random" options are correct to use the library
> in a Windows environment (not using MinGW)?

Yes.  I would think that the script will guess these values
automatically though, so you probably don't need to specify them.  If it
guesses the w32 module properly, the --disable-dev-random flag won't
matter since the w32 module doesn't use /dev/random.

Does building fail if you remove --disable-asm?  You may get a speed
improvement if you remove it, but removing it can also cause build
failures.