[Help-gnutls] Re: duplicate symbols complaint on Mac OS X 10.5.2

David Reiser dbreiser at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:10:51 CEST 2008

On Apr 17, 2008, at 5:27 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:
>
>> Probably not, could you also try to re-compile gmp with this patch?
>>
>> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.gmp.bugs/1979
>>
>> Ludovic, is that the latest patch for gmp?
>
> Yes, but this specific patch is for the regular GCC, not for Apple's
> (see my other reply).

I've been pointed to
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/iPhoneSDKBeta3/gcc-5479/gcc/c-cppbuiltin.c
as evidence that Apple is about to fix the extern inline problem. To
my untrained eye, it looks like the fix is to bring Apple's gcc to the
point where it will understand the other patches.
   /* APPLE LOCAL begin mainline */
   if (flag_gnu89_inline)
     cpp_define (pfile, "__GNUC_GNU_INLINE__");
   else
     cpp_define (pfile, "__GNUC_STDC_INLINE__");
   /* APPLE LOCAL end mainline */
dave
--
David Reiser