[Help-gnutls] Re: Export restrictions

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Aug 12 13:30:41 CEST 2008

lanas <lanas at securenet.net> writes:

> Hello all,
>
>   Living in a country where export regulations makes it so that nothing
> can be shipped that's above 56 bits, I'd like to know if that path was
> once taken by any gnutls user and if so, if there are any compile
> recipes out there that would limit to DES (only DES, not 3DES !).
>
>   Any comments/suggestions/hints appreciated.

Right now it isn't possible to disable AES/3DES/RC4-128, but if you
write the patch to do add the proper --disable-foo flags, we can
consider adding it.  Just look at the example of Camellia.

I'm not sure you'll be able to use GnuTLS for anything useful with <= 56
bit security though -- many sites on the Internet requires more.