[Help-gnutls] Re: problems building 2.4.0

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Jun 25 20:33:03 CEST 2008

David Reiser <dbreiser at gmail.com> writes:

>> Does the patch in that thread solve the problem for you?
> Yes (though I patched Makefile.in instead).
>> Perhaps we should do a 2.4.1 with this fix, but it may be too early to
>> do this now.
>
> Now that I have a fix, I can package it this way, so I'm not in a
> hurry for a new version.

Great, I'd rather wait until we have more critical things to fix before
doing another 2.4.x release.

> Is using an internal opencdk likely to continue?

Alas, yes.  We don't know how to handle an abstract crypto-layer without
bundling it with GnuTLS.

Possibly we could create another project which is the crypto provider
for all gnutls projects, and gnutls and opencdk could both use them
separately.  But it is a lot of work.