[Help-gnutls] Re: duplicate symbols complaint on Mac OS X 10.5.2

David Reiser dbreiser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 02:50:19 CET 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 11:55 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> [...]
>
> David: can you confirm?  (You don't even have to apply the patch, you
> can just try compiling the `guile' directory with
> "make CFLAGS=-fgnu89-inline" I think.)
>
> Thanks,
> Ludovic.
> [...]

I get either the  same duplicate symbols error (but I'm not sure that
wasn't a case where I already had the object files from the previous
build and the system figured it would skip right to linking), and if I
do a make distclean and try to rebuild everything, I get:

cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fgnu89-inline"

I also can't try the patch as written because the gettext I have isn't
recent enough to successfully run autoreconf on the gnutls sources.

I agree that fink should take this up with gmp, as we'll undoubtedly
run into the issue many more times.

Meanwhile, gnutls 2.2.2 builds fine without the guile bindings, and so
far I have no complaints even though the current version has been
added to several dependency trees. I'm even thinking I should make the
guile bindings optional anyway.

Thanks for all the help.

Dave
--