[Help-gnutls] Re: gnutls_transport_ptr and int fd's

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at gmail.com
Mon May 5 15:45:26 CEST 2008

Hi Ludovic,

thanks for your reply.

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org> wrote:
>  I suppose it just means that sizeof (void *) != sizeof (int), as might
>  be the case on some 64-bit architectures.

Yes, I think this is the case. As I wrote in my initial post, the
warning is quite acceptable, but anoying (especially if user's begin
to ask "what is wrong?" ;)). I can of course disable GCC's warnings
completely, but that, too, isn't very appealing.

And if a void* is treated as an int, it may even bring some
(portability) problems (and how about C99) in the future. So it may be
worth looking into it. ...but: as I said: nothing really pressing. If
there is a solution, that's fine, if not, that's fine too.

Rainer