[Help-gnutls] Authentication during Handshake

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at gmail.com
Mon May 19 20:38:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am implementing an upcoming IETF standard ( syslog over TLS,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls-12.txt
). As part of that standard, clients and server need to do mutual
authentication, which can either happen via subject names OR via
fingerprints of the certificates.

I would like to do the mutual authentication as part of the handshake,
so that the handshake does not complete successfully if the server can
not successfully authenticate the client or the client not
successfully authenticate the server. Is this possible with GnuTLS? If
so, could you give me a clue on what I need to provide to get it
working.

Any feedback is deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Rainer