[Help-gnutls] Key usage violation in certificate

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Nov 3 14:40:36 CET 2008

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

>  Could you (or some of your users that have problem) please send me the
> output you get with the gnutls client if you issue a similar command as
> below[0]. With gnutls-cli from 2.6.x I connected normally[1].

OK, this is bizarre. Using gnutls-cli from Ubuntu's gnutls-bin
2.4.1-1build1 (which uses libgnutls.so.26 from libgnutls-2.4.1-1build1
(strange version numbering)), the connection works fine; the output is
the same as you posted.

Does this mean that the real problem is that something in the way
libneon is using GNUTLS is really causing the issue, or that gnutls-cli
is not requiring the same validity checks that libneon is asking for?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies