[Help-gnutls] GNU TLS 2.2.4 installation

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Nov 11 23:08:02 CET 2008

Hi Rajitha--

On Tue 2008-11-11 16:48:32 -0500, Rajitha Reddy wrote:

> Can anyone help me with an installation error in GNU TLS?
>
> I am trying to install GNU TLS 2.2.4. Since it requires Libgcrypt
> which inturn requires libgpg-error, I have first installed libgpg
> error 1.0 and then, am trying to install Libgcrypt 1.2.0. Following
> is the error I am seeing when doing a "make" on Libgcrypt.

The linewrap in your transcript was very odd.  I had difficulty
reading it.  But it looks like you're using cygwin.  Is there a reason
not to use the prebuilt cygwin gnutls packages?

  http://cygwin.com/packages/gnutls/

Also, GnuTLS 2.2 is fairly old.  You might prefer a more recent
version.  Please make sure that you track the project, though, as the
current security advisory dust settles.

Regards,

        --dkg