[Help-gnutls] Alternate random device for certtool

Teran McKinney sega01 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 01:04:52 CET 2008

Hey,

I am using Gnutls 2.6.2, but have had no luck generating certificates
with certtool. I found that it uses /dev/random instead of
/dev/urandom, which is too slow on my systems. I could try to produce
more entropy, but I would prefer to use /dev/urandom. The man page
indicates that certtool uses /dev/urandom by default, due to the
--disable-quick-random option, however it is acting as the default.

Could this be a bug, or is there a way to specify an alternative device file?

Thanks,
Teran (sega01)