[Help-gnutls] Re: compiling without gnutls-extra

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Oct 1 16:06:37 CEST 2008

vipul aggarwal <vipul3aggarwal at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> We are using gnutls 1.6.3. I was wondering, if we can compile the
> gnutls without the gnutls-extra.  This is required because the
> gnutls-extra is under GPL and we want to remove the GPL component
> completely from the gnutls package.  And then we want to ship gnutls
> without gnutls-extra along with our product.
>
> So, what I want to know is that is there a way to compile the gnutls
> without the gnutls-extra?

Replace all calls to 'make' with a call to 'make -C lib install': then
libgnutls-extra (and the other GPLv2+ components such as the command
line tool in src/) will not be built or installed.

I suppose you could modify the top-level Makefile.in so that this
happens by default if you cannot modify the make-calls for some reason.